Thursday, February 19, 2009

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill and Bar.

Unfortunately, the buffet that my family and I were supposed to go to today was closed because of a kitchen fire.  It seems like I've got no luck when it comes to getting to try new restaurants.  So, we decided to go to go old reliable Applebee's for lunch.  It was extremely filling.


We got two appetizers.  The first one was mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce for dipping.  It was nice a crispy and I actually enjoyed this one.


Our other appetizer was the Classic Boneless Buffalo Wings.  Nice crunch, good kick.  I can only complain that they were skimpy on the portion here.  The blue cheese dipping sauce was a little salty, too.

For entrees, Pops got the 7 oz. House Sirloin with mixed vegetables and mashed potatoes.  He enjoyed it and said that the vegetables were really fresh and nice, though, he found one raw baby carrot in the mix.


Mom got the Bacon Cheeseburger, ordered medium well, with the side of fries replaced by cole slaw.  What was interesting was that they mixed up our orders.  I ordered the same thing, with fries, but my burger was supposed to be medium.  She got the less cooked one and I got the well one.  Despite receiving the medium burger, she said that it was dry, despite being cooked less.  She said that the cole slaw was, "O.K.".

As stated before, I also got the Bacon Cheeseburger, ordered medium, but received the medium well one.  The burger wasn't too dry, but it was more dry than I usually like my burgers.  The fries, however, were crisp and nicely seasoned, unlike the extremely peppery fries that you usually get at the standard Applebee's.



Bro got the Crispy Shrimp platter.  Seemed like it had a similar breading to the Mozzarella Sticks.  He enjoyed it because he loves shrimp.



For dessert, we got three Dessert Shooters.  It's like eating a pie or pastry out of a shot glass.  Above is the Key Lime Pie Shooter.  You can see the layer of whipped cream, key lime, and graham cracker crust.  It was alright, a little bit tart, but not as good as real key lime pie.



Bro got the Chocolate Mousse Shooter.  Looked extremely sweet and he said that it was just, "Alright."  You can see the layers in the photo!



I got the Strawberry Cheesecake Shooter.  It was actually pretty good.  The cheesecake was cool, creamy, and had the proper consistency of cheesecake.  I liked the fact that there was actual pieces of strawberry in there.  The size was also just right after that huge burger.



Mid-eating action shot of the Strawberry Cheesecake Shooter.

Overall, it was a typical Applebee's outing.  Nothing too crazy to rave about, except maybe the cute waiters staffing the place, including the semi-cute flaming waiter that served us.  He had many bracelets on his wrist (More than I wear!), including a rainbow one, but I could've told you he was a queen even if he didn't have the bracelets.
Price: <3<3<3
Taste: <3<3<3
Atmosphere: <3<3<3
Opinion: Safe and Reliable if you've got nowhere to go to eat

1 comment:

  1. so I am looking at the starters and it just reminded me of size of some americans I saw in nyc....no wonder eh? ;-))

    ReplyDelete