Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ichi Umi, a.k.a. Todai Sushi Buffet.

On Tuesday February 24th, 2009, also know as Fat Tuesday, we ventured to Ichi Umi Sushi Buffet to engorge ourselves with highly priced, but also high quality sushi and food.  Some of you may remember this restaurant by its former name of Todai Sushi Buffet.  With the new name, however, it still looks exactly the same, has the same staff, and the same great food.


Here is my 1st Plate.  There is too much piled on my plate to identify certain things.  All you can do is admire and drool at the beauty.  The sushi is always good and they don't skimp on the fish and give you small amounts of rice.  Not cheap like other sushi buffets, so you basically get your money's worth.  The tempura is always crispy, abundant, and fresh.



Volatile likes to eat dessert first, so here is a plate of the various mini cakes that Ichi Umi offers.  All very good.



2nd Plate for me.  Less ambitious, considering that my first plate had two layers that I scarfed down.  I began to feel full very fast, but I surged on.  There are some spicy maki on my plate.  I particularly like the spicy maki here because they are always really spicy.



Volatile's veggie sushi.  Fruit sushi was interesting and something that I had never seen before.  Volatile said that she liked it very much, particularly, the pineapple one.



Fresh fruit for Volatile.  Nothing crazy here, but a sexy arrangement.  Kudos to Volatile!



Miso Soup.  It was pretty good, although the kelp that was used was a little more brown than I am used to, but it tasted fine.  I liked the fact that there were real pieces of tofu and you could add your own fresh scallions.



My dessert plate.  My favorites were the red strawberry and purple blueberry cakes.  The other desserts were OK.  I was just a little ticked off that there wasn't any green tea or red bean ice creams.

That is all of the pictures that I have.  Roomie came along, but he kept banging one plate after the other and I couldn't keep up with him and get pictures of his plates.  I'll just say that he left feeling very guilty, but satisfied by how much he put away.

Overall, very good variety of sushi here, even for lunch.  Dinner, though priced even higher, has an even greater variety of sushi.  Hot entrees are also very delicious.  The tempura is particularly light and fresh.  Great variety of fresh fruit and delectable desserts.
Price: <3<3<
Taste: <3<3<3<3<3
Atmosphere: <3<3<3<3
Opinion: Highly Recommended

Todai on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment